School for John is starting to let up for this school year. And in as much, I am trying to strategically plot the course between now, summer break and future graduation. Hard to believe it's over a year away. Realistically, if I stay on track I will graduate December 2012. I'm finding 12 graduate hours are about all I (and my family) can handle a semester. I need 84 hours to graduate. At the end of this semester I will have completed 46, with a lot better GPA than undergrad. Thirty-eight to go. I may be able to sneak in a "short week" session before school lets out. They cram a whole semester class into one full week. Not crazy about the classes being offered, but I will talk it over with my academic advisor. I am also currently looking into internship sites and have an interview set up this week for one. It's a fun & personally challenging time of life. Aren't they all?
We have a trip planned for Sweden this summer. It's official. We will all fly out of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina after my niece's beach wedding. And we are very much looking forward to it. It will be a little adjustment framing this as just vacation in Sweden, as opposed to having to sink roots. Although it will be good to attend to the roots we do have there.
Seeing some more progress on the tree-house. Pictures on that later. Hung some windows and put some roof decking on the 'side car.' Hoping to throw some shingles on it this week before the rain. Jakob has been nagging over the winter about finishing up the tree-house. I figure last season was the hard part and this season is about tricking the old girl out, namely windows and doors though I did hang some solar IKEA patio lights that look pretty cool. The solar cell is on the outside and the lights are on the inside.
We have lots of projects (namely cheap ones) to do around the house. We have been in our house for a little over a year now and are starting to think longer term about it. Honestly, we are probably not going anywhere for a while; neighborhood is great as well as the schools. And you know what they say about location. Plus we think we have enough room for all of us, though future teenagers might disagree. For the mean time our house (like any house) needs some maintenance & updating. We'll have to figure out what time & money will allow without breaking the bank.
1 comment:
Glad you took the time to update the blog. Good luck with school and the house.
Post a Comment