Monday, August 15, 2011

help remodeling




I know I have a lot of Sweden pictures to post and stories to tell.  Yeah right, you say?  Just where are the pictures?  Starting to wonder if you really went.  Well, life moves on and one way or another you have to keep up with it.  Swedish pictures will have to wait for another post, unfortunately.  For now, let me entertain you with these pictures from a job brother Jay pulled me in on.  This is a basement kitchenette in an employee lounge at a hair salon in O'Bryonville (Cincinnati, Ohio).  Jay and I stained and polyeurethaned the cabinets and counter top.  John tiled the back splash above the sink.  The owner chose the tile and stain colors.  It's eye opening all right.  Kind of fun looking in person.

For you colorblind mockers - Jay and I happen to both be color blind.  It's usually not an issue working together until something needs to be done with color.  The owner's original tile order was to have 7 different colored tile.  According to our count we only found 6, but these two made us wonder if there were 7.  Our hunch was correct that there were only 6 tile, but this particular tile had a variance of hues - confirmed by my wife, the fine arts major, via mobile phone picture.  Phew.

Below are what the tile look like grouted, as well as the counter top cleared off.




1 comment:

Westside News said...

A lot of "joke" material for sure.