No one wants to see Paul anyway.
Hey Jude(?)
Live and let die
I can now say I have seen a surviving Beatle live in concert. Or at least the side of his stage. Paul McCartney has been doing an American concert tour this summer. Cincinnati was lucky enough to snag him at the last minute for a concert at the new Great American [base] Ballpark. It was the last show of his tour and the first official concert only event held at GABP. It was a blast. The tickets went on sale while we were in Sweden, not that we would have paid a lot for concert tickets these days. However, with GABP as big as it is, I wondered if the upper deck seats might be affordable. When I finally checked there were $39 seats left. When I checked back again those were sold and next available were $59. Checked back again and it had jumped up to $99, unfortunately. I gave up on going. As the concert approached I happen to check back again and they had opened up a 'no stage view' section on the side, though it did have a video screen view. 'No stage view' seats were only $19, so I got one. One thing I discovered in all this is that Monika is not a sir Paul fan, in the least. She gave me the thumbs up to go alone though. And, I had a great time.
At Paul's age, he's still got a lot of musicianship that artists these days can learn from. His set list copied from my facebook page:
The End (band only)
Hello Goodbye
Junior's Farm
All My Loving
Jet
Drive My Car
Fireman
The Night Before
Let Me Roll It
Purple Haze (Instrumental)
Paperback Writer
The Long and Winding Road
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
Let Em In
Baby I'm Amazed
Calling Me Back Again
I Will
Blackbird / JS Bach
Here Today (song for John Lennon)
Dance Tonight
Mrs. Vanderbilt
Eleanor Rigby
Something (Paul & George's ukele, then band)
Listen to What the Man Says / Band on the Run
O Bla Di
Back in the USSR
I've Got A Feeling
A Day in the Life (I'd Love to Turn You On) / Give Peace A Chance
Let It Be
Live And Let Die
Hey Jude
Encore
Lady Madonna
Daytripper
Get Back
Second Encore
Yesterday
Helter Skelter
Golden Slumber / Carry That Weight / The End










1 comment:
My friend, Jerry, went to the concert. He agrees with you it was a great concert.
Post a Comment