Thursday, September 16, 2010

legends of the fall



I know it's starting to be fall, not because we're back in school, and not because of the calendar. It usually hits me when I hear, "Daddy, can we make a leaf pile?" Now, yesterday it was 88 F (31 C) here in Cincinnati. Doesn't exactly feel like autumn. And my immediate reaction to the kids asking to rake leaves to jump into was, "there's not enough to make a pile yet." But, because of Sammy's persistence I dug out the rake and sure enough, before long we had a pile big enough for the boys to have fun in. The neighbor's sweet gum tree has already started dropping leaves, perhaps because of the dry weather. Anyway, we're hot, the pool is drained and fall is now officially here.

2 comments:

Westside News said...

I sure hope you cleaned up after the dog first. Otherwise you'll be have more than a leaf pile.

rednk-n-eurp said...

fortunately, this was the front yard. Though I did do a pretty thorough sweep of the backyard of landmines.