Saturday, December 11, 2010

almost christmas break

John has a take home final and a reading report to turn in, as well as wrap up with three clients next week and I am done for the fall semester. Hard to believe but this semester, including Practicum I with live clients, has been majorly formative in my counseling understanding and experience. This also puts me unofficially halfway through the program. On track to graduate spring of 2012. No looking back now.

I have really come to see that I am wired for this. All those past dead end jobs since my undergrad - not saying there is a ton of money in counseling - at least that's a common joke in the department: you don't get rich doing it - but it sure beats being bored to death behind a desk, or dreading a job that is not a right fit. This, I am confident has its challenges, but finally something for me that engages the mind, heart, creativity, and actually helps people, AND draws a paycheck. Just seems to tie things up under one roof.

Having said all that, I am looking forward to time off until mid January. Time with family and friends. Might even find a house project to jump into.

No comments: