Friday, November 23, 2012

bathroom project


This is a bathroom I [John] am proud to say I remodeled.  As you can tell at the time of the pictures, it was still in progress.  I had help setting the tub and with some of the plumbing.  We also had a glass block window company install the window.  Since this was taken, there is now a wall cabinet over the toilet and a mirror over the vanity.  The bad thing is that I started the project around Memorial Day (that is when the window was installed), but have been chipping away at it since summer.

To my defense, I have been in full time grad school and I initially asked the owner to get another contractor.  He said he wanted to wait for me to do it.  So, I had a hard time saying no and getting it done.  Lesson learned.  In the end, it turned out nice and like any project there were some hiccups.  Still, I would not mind having this as my bathroom.  Speaking of which, this might have been a good warm up for things to come.  We are hoping to remodel our main bathroom in the new year, but more about that later.

2 comments:

Westside News said...

So this wasn't your house? I didn't know you were doing remodeling outside you own house. Looks nice.

rednk-n-eurp said...

It is Chester's. Outside the home but not so far. Remember his old yellow bathroom with the yellow tub and linoleum particle board sink cabinet?