Thursday, March 3, 2011

spring break - what spring break?

Well, spring break for John is upon me (like how I randomly jump between third & first person?). On the docket: homework - annotated bibliography for future paper for Career Counseling class (due by 3/5), a book review for Sexuality & Marriage class (book has not arrived yet from Amazon - assignment due 3/15), a paper due on the influence of parents on kids (as opposed to peers) for Human & Family Development class (6-8 resources - due 3/17), a chapter outline and presentation (3/15) and counseling theoretical orientation paper for Practicum II class (3000 words or so - due 3/29). I also need to start contacting sites to interview for a fall internship. Supposedly, these sites start picking their fall interns in the spring.

Phew. Makes me a little anxious thinking about the pile of work to do. Yet, two of my classes are done at the end of March so I can not complain too much there.

One of the professors at school has asked for volunteer 'listeners' to help out at a workshop for teens. The workshop is on 'cutting' (self mutilation) and suicide. I have signed up to be a volunteer listener. Should be very interesting.

Looks to be a very busy spring break, but not much of a break from work to do.

2 comments:

Westside News said...

Even without you saying so, we can tell when your school's not is session. Good luck with all the writing. Glad it's not mine to do.

Number Three of Eight said...

You almost sound like a bank examiner...overlapping assignments and not enough time. I'm glad you love the work. I think it suits you.